Friday, May 1, 2009

Mystery

I admit it. I often write for me. Because it’s entertaining. Some days I’m inspired by something or someone…like WWII's Sid Diamond. Other times I just feel like venting without alienating the entire family. Sometimes I write just to escape the drudgery of daily living.

And then there are the pictures.

I get inspired by photos. Especially unique photos. I use them to challenge myself, to create a story based on only what I see…then I fill in the missing details.

Take a look at this photo. What do you see?

Menacing? Mysterious? A model’s pout? Nothing clean to wear? A bad hair day? Someone hiding? Each question brings more of the same. Hiding from what? Why?

So, what do you see? Tomorrow I’ll show you…the rest of the Mystery Man.

5 comments:

Winifred said...

Looks like David Beckham!

Susan said...

Fun! I love photo prompts, especially in a group. Amazing to see how differently everyone sees things--then a bit daunting to write something, knowing that readers are all 'seeing' something in your writing, too.

Hmmm, this fellow... every time I see a man with a hat on or hood up, I think, "Bald."
LOL

I'd say he looks a bit dangerous--but in a good way, as in, I'd like to find out HOW good, hm?

Peggy said...

Hmmmmmmmmmm He does look like a model in the Abercrombie and Fitch
catalog.

hope said...

Now ladies, you KNOW I wouldn't tease you without a reveal.

Susan, we think alike. I actually wrote this as a two part post...and already had planned to um..show you more. :)

Terence McDanger said...

He's got Slimer from Ghostbusters knitting a scarf on his lap, hasn't he?

Nothing gets past me hope. No Ma'am.