Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Freedom Isn't Free

Last year on Veteran's Day I posted a story about the MIA bracelet I wore as a kid during the Vietnam War. Some of you know that the "rest of the story" was that I found the son of "My Captain" and returned the bracelet to him, for his own daughters. It was one of those rare moments in life where you get to come full circle and arrive at peaceful closure. If you're so inclined, the posts are still here, including the before and after of it all.
So on this Veteran's Day I offer this:
to all who have served and are serving now, I thank you.

Goodnight Capt. Anderson.
Your bracelet is with your grandchildren
but I still carry you in my heart.

2 comments:

Terence McDanger said...

I've read all the posts.

Good work, in every respect.

Susan said...

My father was a Veteran, and his birthday is tomorrow. He would have been 92.

Amen to your post! My prayers are with every soldier today, hoping they all come safely home again.