Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Someone should feel flattered...I just don't remember who

It's said that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Well, someone is about to be flattered but darned if I remember where I read this.

When I first started a blog, I feared that it would come to own me. I worried I'd feel compelled to post daily, as if doing otherwise would let down an archaic writing god who might smite me with writer's block. Mostly it's led me to many interesting blogs, several of which I visit on a daily basis. Occasionally, a comment on a blog will lead me down the yellow brick road of jumping to a new blog, where another comment sends me walking further down the cyberspace path. Somewhere along the way I read something, which the writer admitted had been "borrowed" from someone else, that seemed to assuage my guilt without using up more than my allotted share of cyberspace.

So to whomever originated the "One Word Post", I thank you. And yes, I'm going to borrow it. Borrowing sounds better than stealing...which makes the hairs on the back of writers' necks collectively stand up.

Tomorrow I'll begin "One Word Wednesdays" in which my post will be a solitary word. And you too can play along. Add your own word or feel free to try and decipher why I picked that word.

And if doesn't feel like work, perhaps on Thursday I'll tell you why.

2 comments:

Fiendish said...

We all "borrow" our ideas from somewhere - and this sounds like a particularly cute one, so best of luck. :)

hope said...

I thought you were going to say I borrowed it from you because I visit your site as well. :)