Sunday, April 6, 2008

What's The Buzz?

One thing about living in the country, it's always entertaining. As I rounded the corner on my last turn home Friday, I saw the oddest strand of moss on the tree by the historic church. It was shaped like Moses' beard, yet seemed brown in color rather than the usual gray of Spanish moss. So I backed up. Much to my amazement, it was a hive of honey bees, trying to decide how to group.

The shape has changed over the last couple of days, so today hubby and I stopped to take pictures...without disturbing these diligent workers. As you can see the shape has continued to meld into a new form. Any little "black dots" you see in the background are busy bees.


Here's a more up close and personal view.


I can't wait to see what these busy little workers will have come up with by Monday morning.

No comments: