Friday, October 5, 2007

Chasing Romeo

I've spent half my vacation looking for our oldest dog Smokey...the neighborhood gigolo. He must be quite the lady's man as some of the lassies have been known to follow him home.

Not this week. No, we had to locate him. It usually takes 24 hours. This time it took two days...and a tracking collar placed on his son, which led hubby straight to the love nest. I believe Smokey thought it was about time his chauffeur had arrived. Sigh.

Now for the record, I'm not one of those people who dress up dogs because I think they need to look fashionable. I could never get that bored. Ever. I create a calendar for hubby's archery shop each year and Smokey is the monthly pin up. His customers actually complained one year when I couldn't get the supplies for the calendar until February. Most months Smokey's just himself utilizing a variety of expressions. But for a couple of months on the calendar...well, his expression in the photo below pretty much tells you what he thinks of it all. When he sees a camera, he starts looking for an exit. :)

That said, I'm not sure if this photo is more a pre-Halloween decoration
or the truth. :)


No comments: