Thursday, September 20, 2007

Odds and Ends

The Information Highway is an odd and curious road. Recently I've discovered some of it's more charming moments...which allowed me to exchange thoughts with a poet WAY across the pond.

My current curiosity concerning Scotland led me to an interesting blog entitled, "Dark Mutterings from Drumsleet". Its creator is a Scottish poet named Hugh McMillan that I discovered while feeding my insatiable need to know. I originally found McMillan and some of his fellow poets on a website that allows you to listen to them recite their poetry. What a beautiful lilting sound! I found myself listening at first, then I began searching for written copies of the poems so I could read along as that lovely cadence filled the room. I hesitated, for about 60 seconds, then left a message on his blog. He's answered and provided me with a suggested reading list. If you're a wee bit curious yerself, his blog is at http://drumsleet.blogspot.com/
The poets' site can be found at
http://www.dgcommunity.net/dgcommunity/MiniWeb.aspx?id=263&menuid=5339&openid=5249
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saw a bumper sticker today that read, "You should only worry about people who worry about you."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today's quote came when I typed in "don't give up".
"Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. you wait and watch and work: you don't give up."

Time will tell.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Thanks for the links! had to add them to my favorites list for now. I give myself an hour after jeopardy to do my online stuff and then off to bed. 5:30 a.m. gets here earlier and earlier! :-). I'm a bit later tonight because I had to restart this #$$#^&&**^&$$#$# computer a couple times.

And remember Hope...Hope springs eternal :-).